The Latest from the Blog. . .
Mentors pick a group (3-8) of guys that may be a season of life behind them and mentor them for 9-12 months. The group gets together once-a-month for three hours and for two retreats.
Read a Book
In between the once-a-month meetings, the mentor assigns a book that all of the guys read. They write a one-page net out of what they learned and bring it to the next session.
Memorize a Verse
Between sessions, the mentees are assigned 1-2 verses of Scripture to memorize. They must come to the next meeting prepared to recite the verses from memory.
Each month a homework assignment is given to the mentees to complete and come ready to report on their results at the next meeting. Assignments are designed to help the men become better followers of Christ, husbands, fathers and leaders.
Through the shared pursuit of becoming a fully alive man, living a God-centric life, strong community develops between the mentees as learn how to build accountability through closeness.
1. Potential leaders Men who have the potential to be leaders and influencers but aren’t quite there yet.
2. Objective Men who are willing to take direct, pervasive feedback without being defensive.
3. Malleable Men who will look themselves in the mirror and make changes to improve.
4. Humble Men who are humble, broken and express a hunger for personal growth.
5. Committed Jesus-followers Men who have a relationship with Jesus, or at least that think they do. We’re not looking for seekers or non-believers.
6. Willing to pay it forward Men who will commit to leverage their life experience to influence other guys.